Italian Intermezzo - Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Italian Intermezzo – Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
See Italy’s best-loved cities and discover a treasure trove of cultural riches, authentic cuisine and genuine dolce vita on this diverse itinerary.
- Milan: Enjoy a special Welcome Dinner with wine, as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Florence: During dinner, meet a sommelier who will talk you through a tasting of some of Tuscan’s finest wines.
- Rome: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best loved songs.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo’s David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
Top Rated Highlights
- Como: Take in the exquisite views of the lake and it’s backdrop of the Rhaetian Alps as you enjoy an orientation of this magnificent town.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leather-work demonstration.
- Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Director, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Rome: During you orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s Piet, and the splendid dome.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic
Venice and the magic of La Serenissima
Tranquil Tuscany, Pisa and Florence
Free Time in Renaissance Florence
Chianti Country to Orvieto and on to Rome
Rome Sightseeing and Dinner with an Operetta